Lead


Generally, lead compounds are noxious for the animals. The effect of the absorption of the element in plants does not seem serious. However, this accumulate lead will be absorbed by the animals in case of ingestion. That is why lead compounds are not used in pesticides or insecticides.

Lead and its sulfide are incapable of absorption, and are considered practically innocuous. However, the soluble salts, such as the chloride, the nitrate, the acetate, etc. are very poisonous. The main intoxication cause with lead is the exposure to vapors and dusts of its compounds. The intoxication symptoms are intestinal mal-function, strong abdominal pains, diarrhea, appetite loss, nausea, vomiting and cramps.